Acceptance of Terms
Modifications and Notices
We Respect Your Privacy
What Personal Information do we collect, and how do we collect it?
In the course of operating the website, we have collected and will collect Personal Information from you, including:
- information you voluntarily submit to us, when you contact us, such as your name, address, phone number, and any other information you choose to provide us; and
- information we may passively and automatically collect from you, such as your IP address, and other information about the website’s visitors’ traffic patterns, to be used for statistical purposes only.
We collect your Personal Information when you use the website (in the case of your IP address and the website’s visitors’ traffic patterns) and when you choose to provide us Personal Information, when you contact us. If you do not want to provide your Personal Information to us, then you should not use the website or contact us, via the website.
We collect Personal Information for one or more of the following purposes:
- to communicate with viewers and users of the website;
- to advertise, develop, enhance and provide services and products to viewers and users of the website, and to measure and improve the effectiveness of our services, products and marketing endeavours;
- to register you for workshops, presentations or webinars;
- to fulfill our legal duty to confirm your identity and avoid conflicts of interests;
- to respond to your requests for legal information, advice or referrals;
- to provide you with effective legal services;
- to meet certain legal and professional obligations;
- to carry out any other purpose that you have authorized or that is required or permitted by law.
Do we disclose your Personal Information to Others?
Accuracy of Personal Information
Legal Help Centre has an obligation to ensure that personal information under its control is accurate, complete and up-to-date for the purpose for which it was collected. Should your personal information need to be amended during the course of the provision of services, please advise Legal Help Centre so that it can be amended accordingly.
How Long will we Retain your Personal Information?
We will keep your Personal Information obtained via the website for only as long as is necessary for us to fulfill the identified purposes, or as required by law and the professional obligations established by the Law Society of Manitoba.
We use “cookies” on this site. A cookie is a piece of data stored on a site visitor’s hard drive to help us improve your access to our site and identify repeat visitors to our site. For instance, when we use a cookie to identify you, you would not have to log in a password more than once, thereby saving time while on our site. Cookies can also enable us to track and target the interests of our users to enhance the experience on our site. Usage of a cookie is in no way linked to any personally identifiable information on our site. It is always within the discretion of the user to set Internet browsers to not accept cookies. This may however, affect your use of certain features of the website.
The website may contain links to other websites that are provided as a convenience only, and which may have different privacy policies and practices than we do. We have no responsibility for these third party websites, and you are advised to review the privacy policies of any third party websites you choose to visit.
April 30, 2020